Sunday, August 30, 2009

"up to no good"

Before I read the text, I thought that rhetorical strategies only meant that "I have something say, and someone to say it to, and how I am going to say it. But now I know it means so much more.

Over my summer break I read a book titled "Up to No Good" by Carl Weber. Overall it was a good. I n the beginning Carl started with a scene from a club, it seemed that the two characters being introduced were complete strangers but as I read on it became clear that the man and woman were lovers for over 20 years... I will skip the glory details but hours after at the male's place another woman came into character. She interrupted the "love session" between the first two characters. she entered the bedroom enraged.

After another chapter it became clear the "other woman" was the man's daughter and the woman's step-daughter. The daughter was upset because she doesn't like anyone for her __ "they weren't good enough" as she puts it...

Anyways, I was convinced that the woman that came into the room was the man's wife or girlfriend and never his daughter. I think that this was an example of a use of rhetorical
strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment