Monday, December 7, 2009

Blog 8

Well since this is my first semester back in a traditional school since 1999 I must say I have been kept very busy. I would have to say that I have spent more time on English than my other 5 classes put together. English has never been a class I enjoy because I am too much of a perfectionist to let the creativity come out. I do believe that during this class I have learned how nice it is to have people edit my papers, they sure need it!

As for an online environment, it's O.K. but I think due to being a "black and white" type of girl, I think a brick and mortar course would have helped me more as I always have a lot of questions and think the face to face on a weekly basis would have eased some of my stress. I will definitely will be holding off on my last semester of English till fall of 2010 to give myself a little writing break!!!

I do not believe there is perfection anywhere in this world (trust me I've tried to obtain it LOL) and this class is no different. I think it is very hard to teach how to write online when you are teaching people like me, who haven't written any kind of paper in 10 years, honestly I would have failed this class if it weren't for the writing center and other people helping me learn the error of my writing.

Wish everyone well in their endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment