Sunday, September 27, 2009

Here's to Your Health

I choose an essay by Joan Dunayer, "Here's to your health." She discussed alcohol and how society accepts its use and is responsible for the "myths" associated with alcohol consumption. She then contradicts the myths with statistics and real life simulations. I choose it because, I have been a victim of alcohol abuse and I know that event though societies encourages alcohol uses, it can have a significant effect on individuals. I guess her writing style intrigued me, although I don't completely agree with all of her claims...

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Sherifa,
    Alcohol abuse is recognized more now than in the past. More people are standing up against this form of “bullying”. The essay is written with a light touch, each paragraph leads into the next without changing the content; it gets your attention and retains it the end.

    Seth

    ReplyDelete